What is POD?,
Curious about print-on-demand? Let us help shed some light!
If you’re a creative mind, an entrepreneur or a community leader, you may have considered printing your design, logo or organization imagery onto products to sell to your audience. Historically, this could require product selection, product quality testing, bulk orders, expensive production equipment, inventory management, shipping expenses… the list goes on!
Print-on-demand (POD) services make that process simple. You (the creative genius) work with a supplier that is equipped to manage inventory, print and drop-ship your customized products per-order. Once you have a customized collection created, the fulfillment process is quite simple. You can focus on marketing your products and making a profit.
Is it expensive?
Some POD services may charge monthly fees or other service fees – at Slaite, we don’t charge anything.
There are no hidden costs:
- Sign-up is free
- Designing your custom collection is free
- Samples are available at cost price
- Posting to your online store is free
- Access to your Slaite sales is free
Who can use print-on-demand?
Anyone can get started with Slaite. If you have a creative vision, we have the expertise to help you execute your vision. Through our parent company, Slaite has over 20 years of custom printing experience. We elevate your creative business and give you the freedom to focus on business development.
What should I know before I get started?
Taking your time to get started can help set you up for success and Slaite is here for you throughout the whole process. Before you get started, you should consider the following:
- Identify your market: Who are you selling to? What do they need? What do they like? Conducting market research before setting up can help guide your business decisions and improve your understanding of your audience.
- Setting up an online store: Currently, Slaite can integrate with Shopify but we are working on expanding the selection.
- Consider your design: Digital displays present images differently than the printed version of the same image. Ensure the hard work you’ve put into your design by following best practices when uploading your artwork. Check out our FAQ for more info!
- Order samples: We encourage all our Creators to order samples for quality purposes and to help you when you begin marketing your products.
- Understand shipping: Even with the miracle of drop-shipping which removes the role of shipper from our Creator, it is important to understand shipping logistics. Before setting up your shipping profiles in your online store, consider where your market audience is located to avoid over-complicating shipping for your customers. Check out our FAQ for more info!
If you have more questions about print-on-demand or how Slaite works, check out our FAQ or send us a message. We are always happy to hear from creative minds!